Read APAI Declaration here
Who We Are
- The adoption of a comprehensive instrument, which would advance the right of access to information in all its dimensions, regionally and internationally.
- The recognition of 28 September as International Access to Information Day to serve as an annual event to combine forces in multi-stakeholder advocacy actions.
In September 2011, the APAI Declaration, a regional instrument elaborating the right of access to information within a regional context, was adopted. In November 2015, UNESCO adopted a resolution declaring 28 September of every year as International Day on Universal Access to Information. Read more here.
- - Africa Freedom of Information Centre (AFIC)
- Article 19 (East and West Africa)
- Federation of African Journalists (FAJ)
- Highway Africa
- Media Foundation for West Africa (MFWA)
- Media Institute of Southern Africa (MISA)
- Media Rights Agenda (MRA)
- Open Democracy Advice Centre (ODAC)
- The African Editors' Forum (TAEF)